Sunday, February 14, 2010

"There is no remedy for love but to love more." -Thoreau

This week has felt like a year. I have had my heart broken and pieced back together again. At this time last Sunday, Drew and I were going on a "break", and now we are facing the future together hand in hand. I will be honest, I am ready to face a fresh, new week. SING is stealing my free time, and homework is now a thing of the past. I will not be sad when Chi O activities slow down. Up to this point it has been one event after another: rush, chi o christmas, initiation, and SING. Don't get me wrong, it's been a fun adventure, i'm just tired.

Valentine's Day is a very interesting holiday. I feel like everyone has a love/hate relationship with today. People only hate valentine's day because they are reminded that they are alone. Those lucky enough to be in a relationship are filled with anticipation of notes, flowers, and chocolate. Reminders of broken hearts, new romances, and love stories fill the air.

It's somewhat crazy how seriously people take today. I wish everyone felt that they were loved by someone so much greater than a boyfriend or husband. They are loved by a God who offers so much more than flowers and chocolate, but life eternal of peace, joy, and agape love. His love story is the greatest of all, but I fear that people are not focusing on Jesus today. Whatever my relationship status, I hope to always be content in the simple fact that I am loved unconditionally and there is nothing I can do to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment