Monday, May 24, 2010

And here we go...

After months of anticipation, I finally started my internship with Compassion International. I moved into Colorado Springs this past weekend, and I'm loving every minute of it. I can't get over that the Rocky Mountains make up the skyline here. It's simply majestic. Living here for 3 months is going to be an adventure. Rock climbing, camping, rafting, running...you name it! I want to do it all.

Anyway, today I met all of the interns. What a lovely group of people. We got to know each other some and then headed outside to explore nature. First, we traveled to the Garden of the gods, one of CO Springs local attractions, then we drove to Craig's hike to pursue a 2.5 hour hike. Although the hike was exhausted, mainly because I have not quite adjusted to the altitude, it was awesome to be able to spend time with the people I will be hanging out and working with all summer.

Tomorrow will be our first day of work, and I'm so excited to meet Amber and get more oriented on the details of my job as the Program Communications Intern.

Simply put, I could not feel more blessed or happier at the moment.

Peace, love, and Compassion

No comments:

Post a Comment