Monday, May 31, 2010

You are worth His best.

When God says he came to give us life and life abundantly, he meant it. When you commit yourself to the Lord, he will take care of your needs. Truly, I have never felt more love, more joy, and more security in my entire life! I have realized how complacent I had become with life, and how much of myself I was compromising. There is too much joy in the Lord to let other things hinder you from experiencing it.

Below is a prayer a friend shared with me last night. It was written word for word from a sermon, and I believe it is a beautiful prayer for every single woman and man seeking God's best. I found this extremely encouraging, and I am passing it along so that it may bless and encourage others!

Dear God,

I'm worth waiting for. I'm worth Your best, and I will patiently wait for the best You have to offer. While I wait God, I will trust in You. I will believe that Your timing and Your plan is better than mine. Your perfect mate is being transformed to complement me just as I am being transformed to complement him.

Would you allow me to see myself as you see me? Would you show me how I bear your image? How my heart, mind and soul are a reflection of who You are? Let me focus on all the things You did right and forgive myself and others for all the things that have gone wrong. Lord, release me from being bound to anyone other than You.

You have come to restore my heart. Whoever stole it or wounded it no longer has a part of me. You, Lord, have all of me. Thank You for fighting for me, God and saying I am worth fighting for. Thank You for bringing hope and comfort into the areas of my heart that have only known sorrow and brokenness. Thank You for never leaving me, for never giving up on me or walking out on me. Thank You for always saying that I am enough.

You are behind me, ahead of me, beside me - guiding and loving me. I am not perfectly flawed or perfectly wounded. I am not my wounds, the lies of my past or the culmination of broken relationships. I am the perfect reflection of Your image. I pray for the man You have prepared for me. I ask for purity in his heart and in his actions.

May his relationship with You be what propels him toward me. Let us trust Your plan and Your timing for when we meet, how we date and our marriage. Mold him into the man that You have created him to be. Thank You for saying that I am worth all of You, God. Thank You for saying I am worth Your best.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I know that whatever happens I am not alone, and neither are you!

No comments:

Post a Comment